4.16.2008

On My Mind

It's a beautiful day! The birds sing outside my window under a blanket of blue sky. I turned in my term papers last night and to celebrate, Jonathan bought us a rich port and Green and Black dark chocolate (together they melt on the tongue deliciously). Dissertation, here I come! I slept until 10 am, I have enough brain juice to blog again, I'm writing a poem, I have a new idea for an article, and we're about to see the long awaited Wicked!

And I came across the most beautiful passage about love in Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights:

"It would degrade me to marry Heathcliff, now; so he shall never know how I love him; and that, not because he's handsome, Nelly, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same, and Linton's is as different as a moonbeam from lightning, or frost from fire."

1 comment:

MattCario said...

Meredith and I went to see Wicked over Christmas break...the leading lady's got some pipes! Good stuff.